Chocolate cakes are probably the queens of all cakes. I want to share with you my favorite recipe for a rich dark chocolate cake. It is succulent and super soft on the inside, topped with a delicious peanut butter icing, this is the perfect treat for any sweet tooth with a chocolate heart.
- 200 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 300 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 40 g cacao powder
- 250 g milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Melt butter, chopped chocolate and sugar in a bowl above a boiling water bath.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cacao powder. Add the milk and subsequently the eggs. Next, stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fill the dough into a baking pan that is covered with parchment paper and bake in the oven for at least one hour (depending on the height of you baking form) – and let it cool.
Tip: To prevent the cake from getting too dark you can cover it with parchment paper.
- 100 g white chocolate
- 30 g peanut butter
- 100 g liquid cream
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Melt white chocolate, peanut butter and 50 g liquid cream in a bowl above a boiling water bath.
- Repeat the same with the dark chocolate and the other 50 g of the liquid cream in another bowl.
- Turn the cake upwards with the lower side up and add both chocolates on top with a tablespoon. Carefully create a pattern with the spoon handle like a marble cake.