I dedicate this post to my amazing boyfriend who inspires me day by day and enriches my life beyond happiness. This cake is an old family recipe he once made for me and I loved it! A tasty pecan-crust, filled with succulent cream and sweet berries – The perfect love cake.
HAPPY VALENTINE `S DAY
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioner`s Sugar
- Cool Whip
- Strawberries and sugar
- Canned Blueberries (for pie)
- Prepare the cream first, because it has to cool in the fridge. Mix the ingredients and leave it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Next knead the flour and butter for the crust together, adding as much butter until the dough is soft enough. Spread the dough onto a baking form (perfect if you have a heart shape) and add the pecans on top. Bake the crust in the oven for about 20 minutes and let it cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the fruit topping. You can either use only canned blueberries, the jelly-like consistency of them will make the cake a bit firmer, you can also use fresh strawberries or mix both (like I did).
- As soon as the crust is cool, spread the cream on top. Cut the strawberries in slices and mix them with some sugar. Spread them on top of the cake and frame the heart with the blueberries.
Serving Tip: The strawberry cream tart tastes best when you enjoy it cooled.