I love sweet treats. There is nothing better than a good chocolate cake. If you want to make use of ripe bananas, try these luscious Chocolate-Banana Muffins. The subtle sweetness of bananas perfectly blends with chunky dark chocolate – A treat for every sweet tooth!
CHUNKY, DARK CHOCOLATE
Ingredients (for 6 large muffins)
- 1 2/3 cups (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (115 g) of butter (room temperature)
- 2-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) sugar
- 1 1/2 bars of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 degrees).
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cacao powder) in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Next, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly pour in the dry flour mixture and mix everything well.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and 1 coarsely chopped chocolate bar with a big spoon.
- Evenly fill the dough into a baking form with 6 muffin cups.
- Chop the rest of the chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 50-60 minutes (check with a tooth pick if the dough is done).