This apple-spice Bundt cake praises the flavors of autumn: A pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves bring the smell of crisp fall. The succulent cake loaded with freshly harvested apples is topped with a sweet brown sugar glaze. – A wonderful dessert for the golden season.
- 3 cups (360g) all -purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. apple pie spice (ground cinnamon, cloves, allspice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) unsalted, softened butter
- 1 3/4 cups (360g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 chopped apples (preferably Elstar, Jonagold or Boskop)
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
“The Flavours of Autumn”
- Preheat the oven to 325° and spray a Bundt pan with nonstick baking flour, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, apple pie spice, salt, baking powder & baking soda. In a second bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until combined. Add apple, orange zest and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 1 hour, until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes and remove from pan. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack and prepare the brown sugar glaze.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. apple cider
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (or dark corn syrup)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sifted confectioner`s sugar
In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, cider, butter, syrup and salt to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the confectioner`s sugar; beat at low speed with a mixer for 1 minute. Let it cool 3 minutes before using.