My favourite season of the year is coming up – Halloween! Time for carved out pumpkins and spooky costume parties. These cupcakes topped with chocolate glaze & vanilla frosting are the perfect addition to upcoming Halloween celebrations. Get creative with your spookiest decoration…
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Vanilla Frosting
- Optional: 1 1/2 tbsp. Cacao powder
It is getting spooky!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until combined and add the vanilla.
- On low speed, mix in the flour and sour cream in alternating batches, beginning and ending with flour. (For dark and light muffins, separate half of the dough and stir in 1 1/2 tbsp. of cacao powder until well mixed.)
- Divide the dough evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (20-30 minutes). Let the muffins cool and prepare the frosting in the meantime (see below).
- Decorate the muffins with chocolate glaze and vanilla frosting. Get creative with Halloween decoration (I used macrons and sunflower seeds covered with chocolate).
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup confectioner`s sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix together butter, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla until light & fluffy.