These last December days are screaming for a hearty sweet dessert – and what is a better mood lifter on cold days than chocolate? You can never go wrong with a brownie. So, I decided to make traditional chocolate fudge brownies with pecan nuts today. They turned out perfect, moist on the inside, crisp outside with a rich cacao flavour and crunchy pecans with their fine nut aroma…So good. My mood is lifted and my happiness scale is filled!
- 200 g dark chocolate (100g dark + 100g milk chocolate)
- 250 g butter
- 300 – 350 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 170 g flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 40 g cacao
- Pecan nuts (3 handful and some more for decoration)
A Chocolate Mood Lifter!
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356 °F).
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a pot on medium/low heat whilst stirring – and let it cool.
- Use a big bowl to mix the eggs and sugar first, then add the chocolate blend.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and cacao and add the dry mixture to the dough. Blend everything with an electric mixer.
- Coarsely chop the pecan nuts and fold them into the dough.
- Cover a rectangular baking form with baking paper and fill in the brownie dough. Evenly spread it out and add some pecan nuts on top.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for about 50 minutes (The dough can still be a bit moist).
- Let it cool down and cut the brownies into squares.
In the Oven
for 50 minutes…
Enjoy these last December Days…and don`t forget to treat yourself with a chocolate brownie every once and a while!