New year, new beginnings. – Perfect time for a good cleanse and to get rid of old ballast. Detox you body with this healthy spinach soup full of vitamins and purifying energy. I am wishing you all a successful & fresh start into 2018!
SPINACH DETOX SOUP
Interesting Fact: Did you know? The dark green color of spinach leaves indicates that they contain chlorophyll, which helps your liver and colon remove toxins. Moreover, chlorophyll has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (flat leaf)
- 100 g potatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 300 ml milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 250 g chopped frozen spinach
- Red peppers
- Basil leaves
- Lemon zest
- Finely chop the onion and parsley.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Wash the lemon well with hot water and grate 1/2 tsp of the peel. Finely chop the spring onions.
- Heat the butter and sauté the onion and spring onions.
- Add the vegetable broth and milk. Season with lemon zest, a pinch of nutmeg and some pepper.
- Let it cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Next, add the frozen spinach and heat it until defrosted.
- Add 1 tbsp. of freshly pressed lemon juice and blend the soup with a mixer.
- Fill the soup into medium-size bowls and sprinkle toppings such as radicchio, peppers, basil and finely grated lemon zest.