For me, there is no better lunch or snack than a deliciously toasted sandwich. Filled with nourishing vegetables and a tasty sauce, it is not too heavy to lay you down and at the same time you have a warming meal that gives you energy for the day! This grilled chicken sandwich is super easy to make and the best way to spice up your bread!
- Chicken Breast Fillet
- Spinach salad leaves
- Mustard & Mayonnaise
- Salt, Pepper & Chili Powder (or flakes)
- (Red) Cress
- Farmhouse Bread
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Cut the tomatoes and jalapeños. Wash the salad and cress.
- Season the chicken breast fillet with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour some olive oil in a grill pan and fry the chicken briefly on both sides (about 3 minutes on each).
- Mix the mayonnaise with mustard and spread it on one half of the bread. On the other half, mash slices of avocado with a fork. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and the cress.
- Add the salad leaves, tomatoes, pickles and jalapeños on the side with the mustard & mayonnaise. Lastly, put the grilled chicken on top and squeeze some lime juice for finish.
- Close the sandwich halves and toast in a contact grill until golden-brown.