What is more delicious than a juicy burger? I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but this QUINOA SUPERFOOD BURGER is my new personal star! Super flavourful with a slight crunch and subtle spiciness – This vegetarian burger is anything but boring. Plus it`s super healthy (read the food facts below)! A culinary delight, even for meat lovers.
Quinoa is one of the world`s most popular super foods. Often referred to as the super grain, quinoa is high in fiber, protein and gluten-free! The Incas believed the seed to be “the mother of all grains” and sacred.
- 150 g Quinoa
- 100 g (raw) beetroot
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chilli pepper
- Flat leaf parsely
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- Some salt
- Burger buns
- Red onion
- Finely sliced bell pepper
- Wash the quinoa in a fine sieve.
- Put the quinoa in a pot of cooking salted water and leave for about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Peel the beetroot and finely grate (Tip: use disposable gloves).
- Finely chop the red onion, chilli pepper and parsley.
- Mix the quinoa with beetroot, onion, chilli pepper and parsley. Add some salt, breadcrumps and ketchup.
- Form 4 quinoa patties and fry in a nonstick pan with some olive oil on medium heat (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Warm up the bread buns and create your own superfood burger! Use fresh letters, avocados, mayonnaise and toppings according to your taste to finish.