What makes you feel more “Français” than a homemade “tarte”. There are many variations of this French classic, today I decided for a hearty chocolate tart! Filled with succulent dark chocolate, this sweet dessert fills the home with a beautiful smell. – Topped with bee pollen, this tart might even lure the first spring days.
“VIVE LA TARTE!”
- 150 g flour
- 125 g cold butter
- 40 g sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 30 g cacao powder
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 60 ml milk
- 150 ml cream
- 50 g sugar
- 1 small package of vanilla sugar
- chopped pistachios
- Bee pollen
Like Water for Chocolate
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and cacao powder. Crumble the cold butter into small pieces and knead it into the dry mixture.
- Whisk the egg and mix it into the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ℃ (93 ℉).
- Grease a tarte baking form. Roll out the dough thinly onto a floured surface and put it into the baking form, prick the pastry several times with a fork.
- Leave the dough to cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Next, pre-bake the cake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by melting the chocolate in a hot water bath. In a separate pot, heat the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla sugar whilst stirring .
- Stir in the cream-milk mixture into the chocolate mixture, let it cool (about 10 minutes) and stir in the beaten egg.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the pre-baked dough and bake again for about 30 minutes.
- Let the tart cool and sprinkle some bee pollen and chopped pistachios before serving with a glass of milk.