Turning an Italian classic dessert into a fruity & exotic new version? Why Not! This Strawberry-Coconut Tiramisu with fresh strawberries & coconut flakes bring a summery flair to your dessert table.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 500 g strawberries
- 50 ml orange juice (freshly pressed)
- 150 g lady fingers
- 500 g mascarpone
- 80 g sugar
- 150 ml cream
- 100 ml Batida de Coco (use coconut water for kids)
- 1 tbsp. coconut flakes
- Oven dish (17×21 cm or 7×8 inches)
Summery flair for your dessert table.
- Puree 100 g strawberries with orange juice and Batida de Coco (or coconut water) and put aside.
- Stir mascarpone and sugar with a mixer until creamy. Whip the cream until stiff and fold it into the mascarpone.
- Finely chop 200 g strawberries and stir into the mascarpone.
- Start to fill the form with a layer of mascarpone-strawberry cream. Soak the lady fingers in the strawberry puree and add them on top of the mascarpone cream. Repeat the process for one more layer.
- Finish with a layer of mascarpone. Leave the strawberry tiramisu in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Before serving, top the tiramisu with strawberry slices. Sprinkle some coconut flakes and decorate with mint leaves. As a finish, you can garnish the tiramisu with some left over strawberry sauce.