Inspired by my recent travels to Liguria, I made this Mediterranean Veggie Pizza! Black olives, figs and oregano bring back wonderful mediterranean memories. A great way to switch up your pizza routine with new flavours – and maybe you will think of sunny vacation days too!
MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIE PIZZA
- 250 g flour (I used flour with 30% whole grain)
- 20 g fresh yeast (1/2 cube)
- 3/4 cup (about 200 ml )lukewarm water
- Pinch of sugar
- Some salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Bellpepper
- Brown Mushrooms
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Figs
- Black Olives
- Spinach leaves
- Red (radish) cress
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Dried oregano
- Start to prepare the dough by putting the flour in a big bowl. Form a whole in the middle and crumble the yeast in it. Add a pinch of sugar, some of the lukewarm water and stir the yeast using a fork. Leave covered for about 15 minutes at a place with room temperature.
- Then, stir the flour (from the sides) with the rest of the water and some olive oil, using a mixer first and then by kneading with your hands. The dough should be sightly sticky on your hands. Leave the dough covered at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (428 °F).
- Cut the aubergine in slices and sprinkle some salt on top (to take the bitterness away). After 5-10 minutes, wash the salt off and fry the aubergines in a pan with some olive oil.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and put it on a lightly oiled baking trey.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top of the dough. Sprinkle some finely chopped garlic, bell peppers, aubergines and mushrooms. Season with some salt & dried oregano and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Then, add the mozzarella slices and keep the pizza in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- When the pizza is done, add some spinach leaves, sliced figs, radicchio, olives, cherry tomatoes and cress.
- Cut the pizza into slices and enjoy!