The first warm days have arrived, and it feels amazing! This chocolate layer cake is a wonderful summer dessert for parties with family & friends! Savoury chocolate & sweet fruits are the perfect happiness ingredients to start this outdoor season!
CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE
- 200 g coconut oil
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 300 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 40 g cacao
- 250 g milk
Toppings: Whipped cream, strawberries, grapes, raspberries & chocolate sauce
“TIME FOR A SWEET SUMMER DESSERT!”
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (320°F).
- Melt the coconut oil, chocolate and sugar in a bath of hot water.
- Mix flour, baking power and cacao. Then, stir in the milk and the cooled chocolate.
- Fill the dough in a greased round baking form (17 cm, about 7 inches) and bake in the oven for about 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, leave it to cool. In the meantime, prepare the whipped cream and fruits.
- Cut the cake in 2-3 layers. Spread the whipped cream between the layers and top the cake with strawberries, grapes and raspberries. Before serving , you can decorate the dessert with chocolate sauce.