If you want to switch up your breakfast routine, try this Mexican-style breakfast bowl. For a couple of days, a healthy salad bowl had been on my mind, but my gut said chilalquilles today – and since I`m known to give my gut full trust, I made a compromise and created this “Chilaquiles Breakfast Bowl”. It is still healthy, but a nourishing breakfast meal that gives you the right kick in the morning (or for lunch)!
- Oil to for frying
- Red Onion
- 1 Egg
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh coriander
- Start by cutting the tortillas into triangles. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the tortillas until crispy.
- Remove the tortillas from the pan and heat the salsa. In the meantime fry one egg sunny side up.
- Carefully mix the heated salsa with some of the fried tortillas.
- Add some jalapeño slices, cheddar cheese and fill into a medium size bowl with the rest of the tortilla chips.
- Top with the egg, avocado slices, chopped red onion and crumbled feta cheese.
- Before serving, sprinkle some fresh coriander (you can also squeeze some lime).