The picturesque Amalfi Coast of Italy is known for it`s steep coastline, romantic trails and rich Mediterranean vegetation – where lemons are growing in abundance from trees in cliffside gardens. “Pasta Al Limone” is a wonderful Italian specialty that pays tribute to the legacy of lemons at the Amalfi Coast. The zest of lemons, Parmesan cheese and a few simple ingredients bring the rich flavours of the Mediterranean Sea. On top, we received these beautifully handmade plates and Limoncello (Cantine A. Sammarco) from Ravello at the Tyrrhenian Sea. – How could Pasta taste any better?
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Some salt & pepper
Lemons from Amalfi Coast
are considered the most aromatic in the world!
FUN FACT: Lemons from Amalfi Coast are considered the best and most aromatic in the world! The Royal Wedding Cake of Meghan & Harry – now the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – was made of 200 lemons from the Amalfi Coast, how mouth-watering!
“When Life gives you Lemons,
make Pasta Al Limone!”
- Start by preparing the lemon sauce. Press the juice of 3 lemons and grate the zest of one of the lemons.
- Pour the juice into a small bow, add the olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper and stir well.
- Cook the pasta al dente and strain.
- Melt some butter in a pan. Add the pasta and mix with the lemon sauce & freshly cut basil leaves.
- Serve with limoncello or Italian white wine – and dream of Amalfi Coast :).
Cantina A. Sammarco 43 Via Civita, Ravello, SA 84010, Italy