The taste of ripe peaches brings the ultimate feeling of summer! Whip a sweet summer wonder with this peach pie: Fruity puree meets refreshing cream and crunchy crust. Scented with lavender & mint, this peach pie is not only a blaze of summer flavours – but a work of art.
“Whip a Wonder!”
- 250 g flour
- 150 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 80 g brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250 g whipped cream
- 1 tsp. whipped cream stiffener
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250 g low-fat curd
- 5 +1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 small can of peaches
- Fresh peaches
- Fresh mint & lavender
“A SUMMER SWEETENED WITH PEACHES.”
- For the crust, knead the flour with cold butter, 1 egg, sugar & salt.
- Put the dough in a plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356 °F). Roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it into a round baking form.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream. Puree the canned peaches. Beat the whipped cream with cream stiffener and 1 tbsp. of sugar until stiff.
- Mix the mascarpone with low-fat curd and 5 tbsp. of sugar. Fold in the whipped cream and 5-6 tbsp. of peach puree.
- When the crust is done, let it cool. Spread the cream on top of the crust and decorate with fresh peaches, mint leaves & lavender.
- The cake is best enjoyed cooled. (If you have too much peach puree, you can use it as an additional topping.)