aster is coming up with joyful egg hunts & family gatherings on warm spring days. In Germany and many other European countries, a succulent Easter lamb cake is a delicious part of the Easter traditions. When I think of celebrating Easter, I always remember my grandmother who would spend hours on Good Friday in the kitchen colouring & decorating eggs, baking and singing while preparing for the long-awaited festivities! This year, I want to show you my favourite Easter Lamb Cake recipe for a super soft & fluffy dough, just how an Easter cake should be! It only takes a few basic steps… for a treat that is both delicious & decorative at every Easter breakfast! I`m wishing all of you “Happy Easter” and sweet holidays :)
- 5 eggs
- 275 g butter
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 package baking powder
- 125 g flour
- 125 g starch
- Pinch of salt
- The zest of 1/2 organic lemon
A few basic steps to enjoy this delicious & decorative Easter treat!
Easter Lamb Cake (Original Recipe from The German Bakers Association)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F).
- Start by beating the butter and icing sugar with a hand mixer until creamy, add the eggs one by one.
- Next stir together the flour, baking powder and starch. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and keep stirring with a mixer.
- Grate the zest of the lemon and add a pinch of salt and mix well for another 5 minutes.
- Grease the baking forms with butter and dust with flour. Fill the dough into the forms, lightly pressing to make sure the dough is evenly spread – the forms should be filled only TWO THIRDS, because the cake will rise!
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 30-60 minutes depending on the size of your form, when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, the cakes are done :)!
- Leave the cakes to cool and finish by sifting icing sugar.