Sweet summer days are luring to indulge in fruity desserts. It is the season of ripe apricots, peaches and berries that make up the perfect ingredients for a summery cake. Topped with homemade vanilla ice cream, this apricot-peach cake tastes like the sweetness of summer. What is more rejuvenating than flavourful ice cream on top? Refreshen & cool down on warm days, I will show you how to make homemade organic vanilla ice cream in 3 easy steps with all natural ingredients – and I promise it will melt your heart :)
Fruity APRICOT-PEACH CAKE
- 350 g flour
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 150 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- 1 small package vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 50 g butter
- Fruits: Apricots, peaches, blueberries
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Pour the flour in a medium-size bowl and form a whole in the center. Crumle the yeast in it and carefully stir together with some lukewarm milk (about 50 ml) and a pinch of sugar.
- Leave for about 15 minutes covered at room temperature.
- Add the rest of the milk, the soft butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, 1 egg and a pinch of salt – knead all ingredients well to a soft dough! Cover again and leave for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Wash and cut the peaches & apricots in slices.
- Roll out the dough and put it into a greased baking form. Add the cut fruits & blueberries and sprinkle some brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. When the cake is done, leave to cool and decorate with icing sugar.
ORGANIC VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 150 g sugar
- 300 ml whole milk (cold from the fridge)
- 500 ml cream (cold from the fridge)
- 1 Vanilla bean
- Stir together the sugar and milk until dissolved.
- Add the cream and the pulp of the vanilla bean.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice maker and mix to desired consistency for 20-30 minutes.
Tip: If you have a KitchenAid at home, you can use it as an ice maker if you get a freeze bowl as additional feature.