This summer drink is inspired by the ardent sunsets of Brooklyn. One of the travel memories I have been missing most during this year of quarantine: Watching the sun drop like a fireball behind the gleaming skyline of New York! From the East River, you can see the sky and water gleaming like ember at the end of every summer day in aquarelles of orange, rosé to grapefruit pink! In this refreshing summer drink, you are going to find the colours & flavours of Brooklyn sunsets! Garnished with fresh rosemary, the scents of New Yorks stylish rooftop bars are coming to your home, wherever you are in the world!
Next time you are in New York, take a day trip to the pristine Wölffer Estate Vineyard to enjoy a glass of rosé wine in the lush vineyards of the gentle Hamptons landscape.
When you can finally watch the sun saying goodbye to the shores of Brooklyn again, I promise you will taste the flavours of this sunset rosé drink!
“Find the flavours & colours of Brooklyn sunsets in this refreshing summer drink!”
Ingredients (for 2 glasses)
- Rosé wine
- Freshly pressed juice of one grapefruit
- Fresh raspberries blended (and strained)
- Fresh Mint
- Slices of grapefruit to garnish
- Start by blending the raspberries in a mixer and strain through a sieve.
- Press out the juice of one fresh grapefruit
- Add the raspberry & grapefruit juice in the glasses.
- Fill up the glasses with rosé wine and stir everything.
- Add the ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint, rosemary and a slice of grapefruit!