This succulent “Mango Coconut Cake” cake takes you onto a sweet Caribbean escape! Savour the summer days with exotic Mango coconut & lime, the perfect flavours of sunshine!
- 150 g soft butter (room temperature)
- 150 g sugar
- The juice and zest of 1 lime
- 80 g coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Mangos
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- Chop one mango into small pieces (for the dough) and cut the other mango into slices to top the cake.
- Stir the butter & sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and eggs, one by one.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and salt. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. The dough should be slightly sticky ( if the consistency is too dry, add some milk).
- Stir in the chopped mango and coconut flakes.
- Grease a loaf pan and fill the dough in it.
- Bake for 15 minutes and top the cake with mango slices.
- Then bake the cake for another 45 minutes until the cake is done.
Best enjoyed with sunshine!