Pizza is one of the best human creations, don`t you agree?! Mexican food is equally amazing. – Why not combine both to an exotic Mexican-style Pizza is what I thought. Jalapeños, beans and cheddar cheese give a colorful twist to the most popular Italian dish. Buon Appetito or should I say ¡buen provecho!
PIZZA MY HEART
- Peperoni Salami
- Red & green bell peppers
- Canned corn
- Kidney Beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Canned tomato pulp
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red onion
- 500 g flour
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 250-300 ml lukewarm water
- Pinch of sugar
- Some salt
- Start to prepare the dough by filling the flour into a medium bowl. Form a whole in the middle in which you crumble the fresh yeast. Add some of the lukewarm water into the whole and stir the yeast with some of the flour. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on the mixture in the middle of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave it for about 30 minutes at room temperature for the yeast to rise.
- Add the rest of the water, some salt and knead the flour mixture to a soft dough. Leave the dough for 1-2 hours to let the yeast rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cover a kitchen surface with flour and roll out the dough to a round pizza. Spread the tomato pulp equally, sprinkle the finely chopped garlic and add the toppings (cheddar cheese, salami, bell peppers, corn, beans and red onions).
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown, you can sprinkle some more cheese on top during baking.
- When the pizza is ready, take it out of the oven and add sliced jalapeños for an extra spicy kick.