Summer is around the corner, the best time to nourish our body with healthy super foods! This BEET HUMMUS is going to add bright colour to your healthy bowl turning veggies into eye-candy! All natural ingredients are simply blended together in a food processor for the most beautiful spread that I promise you will love!
(Recipe inspired by Sweetgreen)
“Bring Colour To Your Summer Bowl!”
- 2 cans of chickpeas + 3 tbsp. chickpea liquid (from the can)
- 2-3 *roasted beets roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
*For the roasted beets, wrap the beets in aluminium foil and bake them in the oven for about 1 hour at 390 °F (200 °C). The beets are done when a fork slides easily through the centre. Let them cool and peel the skin.
- Start by chopping the roasted beets.
- Add the chickpeas, chickpea liquid, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic & chili powder, cumin and salt – blend all ingredients with a mixer until the consistency is smooth!
- Use the Beet Hummus a side in super bowls or as a spread on bread!