This sweet pumpkin spice cake is my new favourite cake! Heavenly soft inside with flavours of pumpkin pie spice that set the mood for winterly atmosphere. A perfect sweet treat for cozy evenings by candlelight!
PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE
Ingredients (for 1 large or 6 small ring cakes)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (fry a chopped 1/2 pumpkin and blend it with a mixer)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. grund nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
Winterly Pumpkin Pies
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy (3-4 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter in thirds, alternating with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Pour the dough into a form or divide the batter among small ring cake forms.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 60 minutes (25 minutes for small forms) until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from the form and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Decorate the cake with dark & white chocolate glaze.