The summer heat is real! As we approach another week of 90 degree days and Southern temperatures, I want to share with you a recipe that beats the heat with spice combining my two favourite cuisines in one recipe: Mexican-Style Veggie Pizza! This refreshing alternative with cooling avocados, spicy Jalapeños is reinterpreting the Italian classic with a Mexican twist. The result is a fiery, colourful pair, which is most of all simply delicious :)
- 300 g flour
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 150-200 ml lukewarm water
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 200 ml tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- Kidney Beans (Small can)
- Corn (Small can)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Jalalpeños (canned)
- 150 g grated Cheddar Cheese
- Side: Diced Avocado
“Beat the Heat with Spice!”
- Prepare a pre-dough by filling the flour into a medium-size bowl. Form a whole in the middle and crumble the yeast in it, carefully stir with some of the water and a pinch of sugar.
- Leave for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the rest of the water and knead well to a soft dough. Leave again for at least 1 hour so the yeast can rise.
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Roll out the dough on a floured baking surface into a round shape.
- Put the dough on a greased baking trey and evenly spread the tomato puree, sprinkle the chopped garlic and the cheddar cheese.
- Top the pizza with sliced bell peppers, kidney beans, red onions, cherry tomatoes, corn and sliced jalapeños.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy the Mexican-style pizza with refreshing diced avocados and tabasco if you like.