Today was the first warm day and it was time for this year`s hottest summer drink. FROSÉ has been celebrated by trendy bars in Los Angles and New York. The slushy drink made of frozen rosé, strawberries and crushed ice is the best way to cool down. I used a rosé from my favorite organic Italian winery “Fattoria La Vialla”, which produce their wine on a beautiful family estate. The fruity aroma of the refreshing drink made me dream of warm beach days in Bella Italia.
- Rosé wine
- 500 g (2 cups) Strawberries
- Crushed ice
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar
- Fresh Mint
- Optional: Grenadine or Aperitivo Rosato
- Pour a bottle of rosé wine into a baking tin or any other wide container and leave it in the freezer for about some hours. In the meantime, cut the strawberries in small pieces, mix them with 3-4 tbsp. of sugar and let them soak in a medium size bowl for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend the strawberries and strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve. When the wine is frozen, scoop it out of the form and blend it in a mixer with the strawberry puree, some ice and optionally grenadine or aperitivo rosato. Add additional sugar according to your taste.
- Transfer the blender jar to the freezer and leave it until thickened.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and serve with fresh strawberries and mint.